Your skin goes through a lot. Not only does it change and weaken with age, but it also has to cope with the consequences of your diet, lifestyle, and environment, and with all of those different factors, it’s no surprise that many people find their skin changing as they get older, with lines, wrinkles, dryness, and other issues.
Luckily, there are steps you can take to undo or slow down some of those changes, including body smoothing and line smoothing treatments and solutions. In this guide, we’ll take a look at how skin changes occur to the face and body, and what kinds of body smoothing and line smoothing skincare products you can choose.
How to Get Smooth Skin on Body
Let’s start off with a look at body smoothing. All over the body, skin can be subject to changes, from sagging sections under the arms to crepey skin around the legs and knees. You may also encounter problems with lines and wrinkles appearing in various places, and there are lots of causes for this, but body smoothing can make a difference.
Causes of Crepey Skin and Other Skin Problems on the Body
Some of the most common skin problems around the body include crepey or crepe paper skin, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone. Here are some of the primary causes of these issues:
- Age - Aging is a natural process that affects us all, and it can take its toll on the skin. As the years go by, the body is unable to produce the same levels of skin-strengthening proteins, like collagen and elastic, which can lead to wrinkles and other issues.
- Sun Exposure - The sun is an immensely damaging force for the skin, and its UV rays can wreak havoc on the deeper layers of your skin over time. That’s why it’s so important to use sunscreen on sunny days.
- Lifestyle - A person’s lifestyle can also impact their odds of having crepey and wrinkled skin around the body. Factors like diet, alcohol, and even lack of exercise can all contribute to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Top Recommended Products for Smooth Body Skin
As we can see, there are plenty of factors which could contribute to crepey or wrinkled skin around the body. Fortunately, there are also a range of body smoothing treatments you can turn to in order to ease these problems.
- Body Smoothing Pre-Treatment - Powered by Crepe Erase's own TruFirm Complex, the Body Smoothing Pre-Treatment works to exfoliate the body, washing dead cells and dirt away to reveal visibly smoother and silkier skin underneath.
- Neck Repair - Crepe Erase's Ultra-Smoothing Neck Repair is able to provide visible smoothing results along the neck, nourishing and moisturizing dry and crepey skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Advanced Body Repair Treatment Ultra - The ultimate remedy for dry, crépey skin with our superior, ultra-concentrated formula. Infused with Crepe Erase’s TruFirm+™ Complex, patented peptides, and 12 Super Hydrators, it delivers transformative results for your skin.
How to Get Smooth Skin on Face
Unfortunately, the arms and legs aren’t the only places where crepey skin and fine lines may appear. The face is one of the most common places to spot the signs of aging and skin changes, including sagging skin below the eyes, wrinkles along the forehead, and fine lines around the mouth. Face smoothing treatments can help with these issues.
Causes of Wrinkly Skin on the Face
Just like with crepey or lined skin on the body, brittle, weak, or wrinkly skin on the face can have a range of causes. In fact, a lot of the same causes from the body section also apply here, such as aging, and especially sun exposure. There are also a few other key causes to watch out for, like:
- Repeated Movements - One of the common causes of wrinkles and lines on the face is repeated movements. For example, if you do a lot of frowning, you may get lines along your forehead, while squinting can lead to lines beside the eyes.
- Stress - Stress can also take a big toll on the skin. Studies and surveys show that people who are stressed out or anxious may be more likely to suffer oxidative damages to their skin and experience an early onset of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Lack of Sleep - When we sleep, the body uses that time to repair the skin and deal with the damages of the day. If you don’t get sufficient sleep, your body won’t have enough time to make those repairs.
Types of Wrinkles on the Face
When it comes to face wrinkles and lines, there are multiple types for you to be aware of. They can occur in different areas of the face and take different forms. Here are some common examples:
- 11 Lines - The so-called 11 lines are the ones that appear in between the two eyebrows. They run vertically, forming something that looks a little like the number 11. These kinds of lines may appear with age, but other factors like sun exposure make them more likely to show up.
- Smile Lines - Sometimes known as laugh lines or nasolabial folds, smile lines run from the side of the nose down to the mouth. They're caused by repetitive smiling and laughing, but can also just appear with age, and they’re among the most common kinds of facial lines to treat with facial line smoothing.
- Marionette Lines - Marionette lines are those that extend down each side of the chin, a little like the lines beside a marionette's mouth. They appear quite commonly with age, but are particularly common in people who have sagging or crepey skin on the cheeks or around the jaw.
- Bunny Lines - Bunny lines are the ones that appear on either side of the nose. They may occur in people who do a lot of laughing, smiling, or wrinkling up the nose, and some people never get them, while others start to notice them quite early in life. It all depends on your face shape and expressions.
- Crow's Feet - Crow's feet are the wrinkles that appear in the corners of the eyes. They got the name due to the fact that they almost look like a bird's footprints, with lots of little lines moving out from a central point. They can be caused by repeated squinting, as well as natural aging.
Top Recommended Products for Smooth Face
Just like with the body smoothing treatments, there are various face line smoothing treatments you can use to fill in these lines and help your face look smoother, younger, and fuller. Here are some of the best line smoothing options from Crepe Erase:
- Facial Treatment - Our Restorative Facial Treatment can help you enjoy younger-looking, firmer, and smoother skin, harnessing the power of key natural ingredients like cocoa butter and olive oil.
- Eye Cream - The skin around the eyes is very prone to wrinkles and lines, but Flaw-Fix® Eye Cream can help to reduce common problems and make puffiness and lines far less visible.
With Crepe Erase’s line smoothing products, it’s possible to reverse the signs of aging. Order our face and body smoothing essentials today to give your skin a younger and smoother look.